Papua New Guinea Holiday Rentals Mount Hagen, Western Highlands Province, Papua New Guinea
Rondon Ridge 7100 feet above sea level, on the outer fringes of the Kubor Range, lies Rondon Ridge. The newest addition to our portfolio, boasting panoramic views of the Wahgi Valley below, Rondon Ridge is the pinnacle of luxury in a remote and rural setting. Mount Hagen City is the business heart of the Papua New Guinea highlands supporting a number of important industries such as tea, coffee, mining and transportation. It is a city where stone meets steel and where tradition and history is juxtaposed against modern ways. A comprehensive touring program takes you on a journey through the traditions and customs of the Melpa People. First contact with the Melpa was made in the mid-1930s when the Leahy brothers were prospecting for gold. The Melpa are said by anthropologists, to be 'predisposed to capitalism' because of their complex traditional society in which 'big men' earn status by accruing wealth and then giving it all away in a ceremonial exchange called "Moka". The Lodge has a variety of new touring vehicles and all excursions are accompanied by experienced local guides from the area.
Over 180 species of birds have been recorded in the rainforests around Rondon Ridge including ten species of Bird of Paradise. The surrounding area is pristine rainforest and home to numerous orchid species. The lodge has hours of walking trails providing ample opportunity to explore the unique ecology of this area. All nature and birding walks are accompanied by experienced and knowledgeable nature guides. Comprehensive bird and orchid lists are available for Rondon Ridge. Guests are accommodated in twelve tastefully appointed rooms with warmed king beds for those fresh highlands nights, with modern en-suite bathrooms. Rondon Ridge has 24-hour, eco-friendly electricity, provided by its own hydroelectric power plant that generates clean, natural energy from a nearby mountain stream. Rondon Ridge is a 40-minute drive from the town of Mount Hagen and just under an hour from the airport. There are several daily flights between Mount Hagen and the capital, Port Moresby.
Contact to the owner.
|1||All Season||USD 0||USD 0||USD 0|
- Washing Machine
- Gas Stove
- Water Filter
- Food Processor
- Pots & Pans
- Coffee Maker
- Maid Service
- Outdoor Backyard
- Outdoor Lanai
- Outdoor Fire Pit
- Outdoor Patio
- Outdoor Deck
- Location Type : Amusement Parks, Beach, Fishing, Gambling, Golf, Mountain,
- Bed Rooms : 6 Guest Rooms
- Bathrooms : 6 Bathrooms
- Bathroom Description : Private Bath
- Suitability : Child Friendly, Suitable, Maid Service Available, Parking Available
- Boating : Boats Available, Pair, Boat Dock
- Attribute : Waterfront, Beachfront, Near Beach, Swimming Beach, Golf, Pier, National Park, Boating Area, Amusement Park, Water Park, Theme Park, Museums, Theatre, Sailing, Tennis, Biking, Famous Place, ATM Nearby, Sailing, Churches Nearby, Forests, Caves, Bird Watching, Mountain Climbing, River Rafting, Zoo
- Decoration : Beautifully Designed
- Disable Facilities : Suitable
- Transportation : Available
- Beddings : 2 Twin Bed, 2 Queen Bed, 2 King Bed, 1 Twin Sofa Sleeper Bed, 1 Day Bed
- Entertainment : Video Library
- Games : Games Video, Pool Table, Bumper Pool, Dart Board
- Nearby Attraction / Facility : AirPort : 45 min, Beach : Beach Front, Railway : Near By, Golf : Walking Distance, Bar : Available, Bus : Regular City Transport Available, Car : Available for rent, Restaurant : Available
- Other Attractions : The Lodge has a variety of new touring vehicles and all excursions are accompanied by experienced local guides from the area.
- Other Views : Over 180 species of birds have been recorded in the rainforests around Rondon Ridge including ten species of Bird of Paradise. The surrounding area is pristine rainforest and home to numerous orchid species. The lodge has hours of walking trails providing ample opportunity to explore the unique ecology of this area. All nature and birding walks are accompanied by experienced and knowledgeable nature guides. Comprehensive bird and orchid lists are available for Rondon Ridge.
- Outside Attributes : Balcony, Bike, Canoe, Car, Child Swing, Conservatory, Garage, Garden, Gated Community, Kayak, Motor Boat, Outdoor Grill, Outdoor Grill Charcoal, Outdoor Grill Electric, Outdoor Grill Gas, Parking Off Street, Parking On Street, Porch, Sail Boat, Sandpit, Tennis Court, Terrace, Veranda, Walkway To Water
- Computers : 1
- Child Friendly : Yes
- Child Friendly Description : Very Child Friendly
- Mount Hagen, Western Highlands Province, Papua New Guinea
Papua New Guinea Holiday Rentals, Papua New Guinea Accommodations, Papua New Guinea Hotels, Papua New Guinea Villas, Papua New Guinea Bed and Breakfasts, Papua New Guinea Beach Rentals, Papua New Guinea Vacation Rentals, Papua New Guinea Holiday Deals, Papua New Guinea Self Catering, Papua New Guinea HHoliday Rentals , Western Highlands Province Holiday Rentals, Western Highlands Province Accommodations, Western Highlands Province Hotels, Western Highlands Province Villas, Western Highlands Province Bed and Breakfasts, Western Highlands Province Beach Rentals, Western Highlands Province Vacation Rentals, Western Highlands Province Holiday Deals, Western Highlands Province Self Catering, Western Highlands Province HHoliday Rentals , Mount Hagen Holiday Rentals, Mount Hagen Accommodations, Mount Hagen Hotels, Mount Hagen Villas, Mount Hagen Bed and Breakfasts, Mount Hagen Beach Rentals, Mount Hagen Vacation Rentals, Mount Hagen Holiday Deals, Mount Hagen Self Catering, Mount Hagen HHoliday Rentals ,
Mauritian typical cottage for 4-5 people in Pointe aux Sable on the west coast of the island, 150 m from the beach